woensdag 2 november 2011

Annick blogs from the doubles masters in A'dam


Hello everybody!

Yesterday I arrived in Amsterdam where I will compete in the Doubles Masters 2011. For the last three years, the NEC Singles Masters were organized here, now that competition has moved to Belgium. This year it will be the third consecutive time that I’ve been playing in this club. So you might say I’m happy to be back in Amsterdam!

I had my first training yesterday afternoon with my doubles partner Marjolein Buis right after my arrival. It’s fun to have the same training partner for the whole week. Marjolein and myself will have to be a strong team this week to make a chance to be able to win this tournament . Next week it will be totally different when we’ll be playing the NEC Singles Masters where every player has to compete on an individually base to try gaining the title. Today’s training went well. The courts are pretty fast here. So I needed half an hour to find a good rhythm on the court. We were both able to do that quite easily and so I think we are ready to play our first match tomorrow. 

After training we had the official ceremony at 5pm. There are four women teams competing in the tournament this week. Each team has to play against the other team at least once. The two teams with the best results will play the final on Sunday. We’ll compete against Esther Vergeer and Sharon Walraven tomorrow, the first seeds. We will play not before 18h. During the day the men and quad teams will play first. It’s going be a long day tomorrow!

I will keep you up to date about day 1 here in Amsterdam. Hopefully I can bring you all the good news of my first victory here! 

See you!
Annick Sevenans

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten